The Mortgage Broker by definition is our hot topic today, as we enjoy Thanksgiving Season with are warm hearts and homes all across the US. But before we begin with this news flash, let us take a moment to express our Gratitude-Winter Park Style. You might have guessed from previous year’s Thanksgiving blogs that this is a very special holiday season to us. So, we celebrate the season with the mortgage brokers at Palm State by reading this little article now. We hope it will warm your heart or tickle your funny bone.
Gratitude: the Mortgage Broker Attitude-Brokering Warm Homes and Warm Hearts at Thanksgiving
Here at Palm State Mortgage Company, the Thanksgiving Season fills us with an annual attitude of Gratitude. Being grateful for our blessings is part of our theme and we celebrate our mortgage broker’s job every day, not just at Thanksgiving.
We are grateful for our beautiful hometown of Winter Park and the surrounding Central Florida communities we also love. There’s no better time to send out our appreciation to family, friends clients and all the beautiful people in our lives. We try to keep this attitude of gratitude alive in our warm homes and warm hearts here at the Thanksgiving Season and throughout the year.
Why are we feeling thankful?
- Firstly, we appreciate the friendship and confidence you have demonstrated in us, as our 2019 new and old friends, clients and readers.
- Secondly, we feel blessed to be practicing our financial arts within the laws and freedoms of the US.
- Finally, we take this opportunity to share with you, one of our favorite Thanksgiving quotations. Written by E.P. Powell, these powerful words capture the spirit of thankfulness as it should be.
“Thanksgiving Day is a jewel, to set in the hearts of honest men. But be careful that you do not take the day, and leave out the gratitude.”
And now, especially if you are house-hunting this glorious season, read on to discover what a mortgage broker does for you.
What is a Mortgage Broker?
Once in awhile, we like to go back to basics. It’s been a while since we basically explained what a mortgage broker does within the mortgage industry. To put it briefly, a mortgage broker acts as a sort of a middleman, or middle-person, between you and potential lenders.
The job of the mortgage broker is to work strategically for you. Thus we will find several banks to find mortgage lenders with competitive interest rates that best fit your financial situation.
With over a quarter of a century of experience, Palm State offers you Mortgage brokers with a well-developed group of lenders. These are brokers, we consistently and successfully work with. As you might guess, that will make your mortgage shopping much easier.
The Status of a Mortgage Broker
A mortgage broker must be licensed. Plus we are highly regulated financial professionals. When you hire us, we do a lot of the legwork.
- We’ll help you gather the documents you’ll need to buy a house.
- And we can assist you with your credit history,
- As well as verifying your income,
- And validating your employment.
And we know how to utilize this personal data to apply for loans for you with several lenders. Once you decide on a loan and a lender that works best for you, the mortgage broker will collaborate with the bank’s underwriting department. Then we work with the closing agent who is usually the title company. From start to finish the mortgage broker works with your real estate agent. It’s up to us as part of your team to help keep the transaction running smoothly all the way through closing day, when you get your keys officially.
The Gift of Thanksgiving Numbers
Since we love all things financial, we are always collecting numbers and data. Thus it was natural for us to collect special data and Thanksgiving numbers you might enjoy or use for impressive holiday small talk.
The following wildly fascinating numbers originated in the Census Bureau as well as a story in USA Today:
- 100,000+: How many questions experts typically answer between November and December on Butterball’s Turkey Talk-Line (1-800-288-8372).
- 244.0 million: Turkeys raised in the United States in 2016, which was up 4.5 percent from 2015. Did you know that about 44.5 million of them were raised in Minnesota?
- We expect there will be 983 Billion Dollars Spent on Thanksgiving dinners in the U.S.
- The average American will consume 4500 calories at a traditional Thanksgiving feast.
- 51 million: This is the anticipated number of travelers this Thanksgiving holiday according to AAA.
- 51.6 million: Number of turkeys consumed on Thanksgiving Day. And we believe this number to be a conservative estimate.
We at Palm State Mortgage would be remiss if we did not close with a final Thanksgiving Holiday comment. Thus, we send you our best wishes for a Blissful, Blessed and Happy Thanksgiving! From the Palm State Mortgage family to yours, we sincerely hope you will enjoy some time with your loved ones during the holiday feast.
Our Thanksgiving Wish for You:
“May the good things of life
be yours in abundance,
not only at Thanksgiving
but throughout the coming year.”