Heart to Home and home to heart, we send warm Holiday Wishes your way. Just as
we do every year, we suspend our blogging topics of mortgages and finance.
This blog recognizes the holiday time as the perfect time to express our appreciation for our friends, neighbors, co-workers, clients and blog readers as well as their families.
We Gift-Tag this Blog With a Holiday Heart
If a blog could come in a package with a tag, this one, full of smiles and good wishes, would come with a tag marked, “From Our Heart to Your Home!”
Perhaps this blog is simply a giant Holiday Wish! From our heart to your home, and from Home to Home, and heart to heart, we thank you. We are grateful for our friends, clients, and blog-readers for their support and friendship.
Wishes For You from the Palm State Mortgage Family
Whether you and your family and friends celebrate Christmas, Hanukah or Kwanza
or all three, Palm State Mortgage Company has four big holiday wishes for you:
1. Treasure of the Heart:
Firstly, May you enjoy a tenderness for the treasured memories of the past.
2. The Gift of Courage:
Secondly, We wish you courage and strength of heart for the challenges and victories of the present and the future, 2020.
3. The Blessing of Heartfelt Optimism:
Further, We send you the gifts of hope and optimism for the future.
4. Finally, We Send You the Joy of Peace:
For all of you, from all of us at Palm State Mortgage, it is our fervent wish that your cup will overflow with blessings, and your path will lead to peace.
Just Remember. Count your blessings, not your woes. The result will be brighter holidays and warmer smiles.
A Poem from Our Heart to Your Home
Sometimes, words fail us, especially in a business setting, when it comes to expressing holiday sentiments that do not have a glaring commercial ring or a hollow commercial echo. Although we used this poem in a previous blog, several years ago, we find it still states our holiday sentiment with power and beauty.
Somehow, not only now…
“But all the long year through,
The joy that you give to others,
Is the joy that comes back to you.
And the more you spend in blessing,
The poor and lonely and sad,
The more of your heart’s possessing,
Returns to you glad.”
– John Greenleaf Whittier
How To Count Your Blessings – Not Your Woes
1. Certainly, do everything with your full attention. Whether raking leaves or painting an accent wall in your home, focus on the process. Count it…like a blessing.
2. Enjoy simple pleasures. To clarify, we need to appreciate the simple joys of clean water and healthy food. Nature and architecture are there for us and so often we miss the moment to appreciate them.
3. Make time for other people. Put away your smart phone and turn off the television. Enjoy some family time, unplugged.
4. Just simply, “Count your blessings.” This fourth way of counting your blessings is not exactly the time-honored vision of counting sheep. Instead of sheep count your blessings until you fall asleep. In other words, simply call to mind a couple of things from your day, for which you can be grateful. Then, do this at the end of each day, perhaps at sunset.
5. In addition, “Cultivate your dreams, but don’t let them breed discontent.” Nourish your dreams, but don’t let them distract you from today’s triumphs. Don’t let dreams destroy the present pull you out of the present. And, “Don’t become too attached to the outcome. Sow your seeds of intention and let the knowledge that worthwhile things take time to grow to satisfy you.”
Avoid the Trap of Impossible Wishes and Waiting Until…
6. Don’t wish your time away. This is a trap and it makes it impossible to count your blessings if you are
wishing for “now” to go away. Remember, If we had everything we thought we ever wanted immediately, life would be dull.” Thus, count your solid blessings in the present, in the “now.”
Please, do not let too many days slip by daydreaming about the future. We hope you count the blessing of little events that are a part of the unfolding process of life. Then, small blessings lead to big ones. Count both.
7. Quit the saying “I’ll be happy when…’ Be happy now, even if it’s only about little things. Happiness is a choice. It’s a choice to count a blessing. It’s a choice to give a smile. You have a choice and remember, tomorrow is given to no one.
Our Terrific Take-Aways
For us the best parts of the holiday will be always be spending time with our loved
ones. Then, we can give time to people in need, and take part in our favorite holiday traditions.
And, last but not least, we wish to send a special shout-out to those of you who are first-time home-owners. That fact brings a very special thrill to the season in and onto itself. Happy Holidays!